My Mother in Law is a Scorpion My Mother in Law is a Scorpion

I just have to wonder... what sort of influence do you go under to get inspired to make stuff like this? Cause I am starting to highly doubt creativity alone could spawn such.. bizarre..eye drawing..."creations".
A nice touch on changing your usual black outfit for the blue jumpsuit, despite the simple change, it felt like something new. I also noticed that your facial expressions and angles have improved noticeably, or if they were always there, i just noticed them.

The Wolf's Heart - Episode 1 / Stop Motion Animation The Wolf's Heart - Episode 1 / Stop Motion Animation

Wow, Stop motion animations of this quality are rare in this portion of the internet. I could almost compare it to the earlier works of Laika or Aardman animation studios (The guys that make movies like Coraline or Wallace and Gromit).

As for the animation itself, the quality of your puppets and backgrounds certainly paid off with an immersive amount of detail. My only major complaint is the lip sync seemed kind of off at times, like the guards speech would sometimes begin before his mouth even moved. My suggestion to fix this would to try adding a slight movement in the mouth just before a character begins to speak; that might make your lip syncing seem more natural and fluid.

Although the amount of length and action seemed rather short lived, the fact that your doing such work.. BY YOURSELF, makes it seem rather unfair for me to complain about that.

JeffLafferty responds:

Thanks, I'll work on the lip sync for the next one. I appreciate the feedback.

"You posed dramatically" "You posed dramatically"

You know this is an awesome parody when it inspires you to buy the original game just to know what the hell is going on.

Really love the fine details in between frames, I don't know how I notice them but it makes the animation stand out.

UpUp Game UpUp Game

Simple game, fluid animation, and decent particle effects. I like it.

MURDER MURDER

This game is so simple and short.. YET WHY DO I KEEP COMING BACK!?

You Are Disabled You Are Disabled

Alright... beaten the game with all disabilities.. think its time I review it. Before I begin, I just want to say I enjoyed this game, while it was frustrating I do like a challenge.

Playing as Nearly Blind (this was my first disability playing the game)

I first started the game Nearly blind... it was indeed frustrating.. but at the same time it had its own unique challenges, even though I had to do a lot of trial and error, I found myself relying on a lot of other things like the sounds I heard in each level as well as what objects were in the foreground and background to help indicate what was coming up next. Making the pillars go all the way to the ceiling and/or floor probably made being blind beatable because I doubt there wouldn't be any real way of telling where platforms were going to be aside from just taking leaps of faith and hoping there's a platform at the end or halfway point of your jump (readers should take note of that last sentence).

My only compliant on being blind is with the disappearing blocks, although the initial patterns are easy to predict or figure out.. the remainder, especially at the end, can become infuriating because there's no way to tell that a block appeared behind you or pulled a juke. Note this was when I was playing the game for the first time, when I played the game with a different disability, I was able to memorize the pattern and beat it as a blind another day, however.. I feel I shouldn't have to resort to memorizing the level with another character with eye sight in order to beat the game with blindness, just my opinion though.

Playing as an illiterate

This I found rather easy... then again I was playing for the third time when I beat the game with this disability, however, anyone playing for the first time as an illiterate would probably be raging near the end of the game, when the signs actually give you useful/vital information. Which is the point I suppose, although annoying, being illiterate is still rather pleasant compared to other disabilities since with enough patience and not being blind, you can still figure out the patterns in a level on your own, and you don't have the burden of losing control or not being able to jump.

Playing as a Cripple

This was rather interesting, it was clear enough that playing as a cripple is more of a message to others about what its like to have a disability in real life then playing a game, Which I can respect given the motivation and context behind this.

Playing as a Spastic... god damn spastic

I played as a Spastic before and after you updated the game.. and I praise the fact that I now have at least some warning of when I'm gonna spaz out. Still... being a Spastic is more about luck then trying to keep your disability from killing you, as I kept dying because of spazzing to my death.. I couldn't help but wonder what real Spastics have to go through on a daily basis... jeebus it was annoying.. I don't really know what being a Spaz is like.. but I think updating the warnings to indicate whats going to happen when you spaz out would make playing Spastic a lot more skill based rather then relying on luck. (but if it doesn't reflect what a real Spastic has to go through, feel free to disregard this bit of info)

The Endings *POSSIBLE SPOILERS FOR READERS*

I actually thought the ending room would be the same for everyone... but ugh... the guy changes the room to exploit your disability every time.. is it actually possible to make the right answer? the fact I made the wrong choice every time made me believe there is no right answer, but rather another demonstration about what its like for those with disabilities.

But what had me really curious was beating the game as a Spastic.. you don't get a choice, you just need to finish another jump puzzle... but when I make the final jump I freeze halfway... the fact the screen didn't shake indicates that its scripted to happen that way.... but my burning question is it actually possible to make that jump? Since there's a secret medal in the game I feel like it might be possible, but I can't really bring myself to restarting the game as a Spastic to find out if its scripted or not.

Final thoughts

Some people complain the game is more frustrating then fun. That's because this game is more about beating the challenges thrown at you then just simply giving entertainment; Some hate it, others enjoy it. While the game can be unfair.. Its certainly beatable, the level design accommodates being nearly blind very well with an exception for a few disappearing block puzzles. Although I wish Spastic was more balanced out along with Cripple having a bit more depth to it, its made clear that time constraints prevented this. The games got good idea's, and considering the time put in to making it, it was very well executed. I'm very curious about what this game could be like if you weren't forced into a 72 hour deadline... But the choice of making a sequel or expansion is the up to the developer.

Fading (Piano Improv) Fading (Piano Improv)

You improvised this..? wow man, I was half way through this thinking "wow this is really well written" then I read the comments and find out it was improvised, and my mind exploded a bit.

Nice job

BlazingDragon responds:

To me, the trick to a good improv is knowing what will keep it from sounding like an improv. Haha. Here are some examples of what I mean:

-In my first minute or so of improvisation, I try to pick out a chunk of melodic material that I can repeat later.
-I think structurally. So after that first minute or so of improvisation, I intentionally try to do something that contrasts what proceeded to create more tension and interest.
-At some point, I quote earlier material. This makes so that the improvisation doesn't sound like a bunch of random, stitched-together ideas that jump all over the place. It makes it sound like a real composed piece with form and parts you might even be able to hum afterward.

Rather than think of this process as improv, it might be better to think of it as speed composing. The goal is to take the elements that make a memorable composition and consciously apply them to spontaneously created music. It also involves a good deal of thinking ahead while you are playing.

I also fall back on things I already know. For example, there are certain keys I'm very comfortable playing in, and there are certain chord progressions and left-hand accompaniment patterns I tend to fall back on. I've spent enough time consciously building a tool-set to draw from that I am able to focus on melody and not have to constantly start and stop. I'm getting better at doing this everyday. May next goal is to cut pauses and tempo fluctuations that come from my uncertainty about where to go next. I would like my improvisations to sound incredibly intentional.

So, that was probably a lot more info than you wanted, but hey, I enjoyed writing it! XD

Thank you so much for your review. :)

VAC9 - Double T Retail VAC9 - Double T Retail

Acting[50/50]
I think no one can comprehend how many tongue twisters you used.. That is so dang impressive you either have a really good tongue to avoid slipping up, or you practised the shit out of that, now that's commitment.

Range[20/25] - despite your amazing acting, you did have a few similarities in your voice, mainly the telemarketer and the guy at the sheet sweater warehouse

Fit[24/25]
Everyone's fit was perfect.. although the customers did sound a bit retarded.. probably intended for comedic effect

Mixing [19/20]
your mixing is perfect, crystal clear voices and great sound effects that aren't to loud or quiet

Originality[14/15]
I don't even know what to write...

Writing[12/15]
Although your story is simple, I see what you did here.. all your lines were simply set-ups for tongue twisters

Final Score: 139/150

Orchid Orchid

No reviews at all? well, guess I'll fill the gap

The melody is repetitive, but the sheer powerful mood and extra instrumentals easily pick up the slack, reading your comments I can see where you got the inspiration for a tune such as this, a shine of enlightening optimism after a sea of dark and morbid songs.

Nice job

tetra tetra

Wind Waker fanart with a dash of realistic proportions... AWESOME!

dommi-fresh responds:

you got it

Georgina Loves You! Georgina Loves You!

omg thats so cute

I have never thought an African Gray could look so cute in my entire life.

To be a bit critical however, since I am a former parrot owner, I think the torso feathers should be a bit more layered. The head is fine since its not as fluffy.

However, *looks at a photo of an African gray* You did capture the idea of how the feathers wrap around each other. So you did an ok job.

Portal Bot Posse Portal Bot Posse

Jaw Dropping

You've done it again Mind Chamber, the shading, color and contrast and how precise the lines are, its flawless (or to my eyes at least)

and for those who are wondering who the Pink bot is, I did some digging on the forums and I think the names F-bot or "Fab-bot"