All 19 art Reviews

tetra tetra

Wind Waker fanart with a dash of realistic proportions... AWESOME!

dommi-fresh responds:

you got it

Georgina Loves You! Georgina Loves You!

omg thats so cute

I have never thought an African Gray could look so cute in my entire life.

To be a bit critical however, since I am a former parrot owner, I think the torso feathers should be a bit more layered. The head is fine since its not as fluffy.

However, *looks at a photo of an African gray* You did capture the idea of how the feathers wrap around each other. So you did an ok job.

Portal Bot Posse Portal Bot Posse

Jaw Dropping

You've done it again Mind Chamber, the shading, color and contrast and how precise the lines are, its flawless (or to my eyes at least)

and for those who are wondering who the Pink bot is, I did some digging on the forums and I think the names F-bot or "Fab-bot"

Luigi Luigi

For a sketch this is well detailed

The detail you put into this is astonishing, although its grayscaled, you can tell where the lighting and how bright or dark the colors might be if this was colored. Which is very amazing.

I wish I could draw like that...

Kinsei responds:

Cool thanks,
I guess it came out well for a sudden hit of inspiration :P

charcoal woodpecker charcoal woodpecker

That woodpecker...

Recalling my bird watching skills, that bird resembles a Flicker, That crest and the speckled feather pattern (which you captured very well) are few of the characteristics I recognise. However I'm not sure if I'm right since theres no feather patterns on its chest

You did an impressive job with this, The lighting is balanced, the birds posture seems to appear correct to an extent. The only visible flaw I can make out is that theirs no indication of where the legs exit the feathers.

This link leads to a photo of the same bird (or at least very similar if my guess was incorrect) in a similar posture, you can kind of see how the legs extend from the body.

Finally, the fact you managed to get that detail in charcol, is suprising. I've tried making a drawing with charcol myself, it wasn't easy, either that or I a tad too impatient. Overall, aside from a flaw or two, this is a excellent picture.

TheL1st responds:

thanks, this is actually one of the first birds i drew
but its a red bellied wood pecker

You just have to be patient with the charcoal, and use a lot , A LOT, of layers
the wing is many many many layers of charcoal of different shades and tints
you just have to work with it

and make sure when you're all done u give it a nice matte finish to keep it fomr smudging

A summers day A summers day

anyway to enlarge it a bit?

Although this is in decent detail compared to most first sprite submissions. Its so small, even in full size.

Madness Day 09 Collab Piece Madness Day 09 Collab Piece

Nice

Although this is a badass picture, theres one thing that sticks out at me... his humand hand (and arm possibly) seem too small for his size. Everything else is correct from what I can distinguish.

Lelouche Lelouche

Pretty well done

the drawing itself is really well done, what did you use for the coloring? Felts? it seems to have a water color look to it.

purpleorange responds:

It was colored in Open canvas actually.

Tank fight Tank fight

AWESOME!

that is one kick ass looking tank

Axl Axl

Really well done. But there are a few minor flaw's

The drawing is well done and the coloring is accurate. However it seems to go off the lines or isn't completely filled, and not to be a kill joy or anything but when I look at the hands they seem a bit.. crooked, you might wanna improve on that.

Everything else is perfect. Nice job

Castlecrasher0 responds: